We have 132 registered users
The newest registered user is dead2rites

Our users have posted a total of 3646 messages in 625 subjects

Share | 

New CQB Field

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage

PostSubject: New CQB Field   Fri Mar 12, 2010 5:46 pm

Grand opening of a New CQB field called "SS Airsoft" is opening in Sugar hill tomorrow. Maybe some time in the future we can get the A13 Platoon up there to ck it out? http://www.ssairsoft.com/home
Back to top Go down
scooter

PostSubject: Re: New CQB Field   Fri Mar 12, 2010 7:00 pm

sounds legit dawgg Bling BLing
Back to top Go down
View user profile
tinman
Admin

PostSubject: Re: New CQB Field   Fri Mar 12, 2010 7:04 pm

TRUE DAT!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
frog

PostSubject: Re: New CQB Field   Fri Mar 12, 2010 7:19 pm

Possibly a cool option. Price isn't that bad. But if all the games are single elimination, you won;t want to play long. Single elimination games tend to produce a lot of not called hits. At some point you get tired of calling hit from the guy you just bounced 20 bbs off.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
alpine
Admin

PostSubject: Re: New CQB Field   Fri Mar 12, 2010 7:50 pm

I'm game we'll have to get the boy's together.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BOOTS

PostSubject: Re: New CQB Field   Sat Mar 13, 2010 12:31 am

Me too! Me Too! Would like to see how we do against another team or two!
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: New CQB Field   Sat Mar 13, 2010 4:34 pm

opps....

Last edited by Q on Sun Mar 14, 2010 10:52 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
scooter

PostSubject: Re: New CQB Field   Sun Mar 14, 2010 7:52 am

Q wrote:
I regret to say that I just found out that this particular piece of property is no longer available for lease due to pending sale of the property. But on a good note, We will be looking at other land in the near future and will post on any new developments.
did you post in the wrong thread q? lol
Noob Above
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: New CQB Field   Sun Mar 14, 2010 10:52 am

scooter wrote:

did you post in the wrong thread q? lol
Noob Above

YUP!....this is where the forum lead me....It happened again this morn it took me to Frogs for sale thread. Mad
Back to top Go down
scooter

PostSubject: Re: New CQB Field   Sun Mar 14, 2010 6:53 pm

this is what Gibbs from PSA said...
"I just got back and let me tell you what.

I have never had more fun playing airsoft. In all honesty, as much as I know this will get me bashed, this place is SAC 2.0. Let me tell you about my experience.

It was about a 30 minute drive north and east from Alpharetta. Not too far, slightly closer then SAC. Once our team got there we where immediately greeted by the Owners, Staff and everyone else that worked there. We exchanged names, hobbies and had a good talk while we waited for other players to arrive. The owner has to be the nicest person I have met in my life. He explained to me what his goals are before they open (that's right, they are not even open yet and this place ROCKS). He also told me about his other businesses and how this venture is not strictly for profits. He told me his other business keeps him going just fine so he will be able to dump the funds into this place when needed.

But, this place really didn't need much more. The staff chrono'd every gun and for the first part of the day, there where no issues. Everyone seemed to shoot under 400. Unfortunately, they do require a full face mask, but you will be glad they did. Lots more shooting here than SAC. On another note, the face masks you can rent are TOP NOTCH. Not the cheap paintball ones that fog right when you put them on, these where quality masks. They are also able to be taken apart and replace broken/worn parts on them quickly and cheaply. I only had issues with fogging 2 times the entire day, and that's when I ran almost the entire game.

Let me tell you about the game play. First games of the day where UBCS against Sanchez and a few randies. UBCS got our asses handed to us the first few games before we could get back in the rhythm. The games where fast, hard and fair. Because the place has not opened yet, they are still moving things around and balancing sides. They run many of the good SAC games like Money Bags, Corners, and they are open to any suggestions of game types. Once they started a game of money bags, UBCS went undefeated and never let the other team have a bag. We had regained that lost SAC skill.

On a funny note, during a game of about 10v10 I walked over to the opposing side with only a spring pistol, and eliminated the entire enemy team. Once I was shot after I respawned, I walked over there casually and knife killed the entire team again. I am sorry, but that was the funniest thing I have ever done. At SAC, it was funny because it was dark and didn't require LOS skills, but here, I was exposed 100% of the time and still managed to walk over multiple times. (Once the other team figured it out, it stopped working, haha).

On the field, there are at least 3 refs at all times. 1 on each side and 1 in a tower. The refs are very nice, and very skilled at their jobs. They walk around the field and make sure it is all running smoothly. Also, when playing objective games, EXPECT GOOD THINGS. We where playing a game of capture the bomb/case. When the timer was down to less than 1 minute, I ran to the case and grabbed it before anyone could. Unknown to me I was presented with a bag of quality .2g bb's. The owner informed me that this was what he wanted to do for many objective type games to get the ball rolling, and to get people out there and shooting.

Later in the day, the place started to get crowded. Maybe 40 people where there, games slowed down and briefings and getting prepped took a while as well, but I think that they will get more efficient at that as time passes. After the first game, I stepped over to the owner an expressed my concern that people where shooting over 400. The owner immediately asked for suggestions and I suggested that they green tag all guns under 400, and check them before they go into the field, and to also have the guys at the chrono either put .2g's in your midcap or have a mag ready with THEIR .2g bbs to ensure that players where using .2g to chrono. No more then 5 minutes later, they where doing just that.

I am not very good at putting visuals into words so I will just say this: The guy that designed the field has 15+ years of experience as a Universal pictures (and many other studios) set designer, and he is friggin good. Everything is professional looking secured in place, and for the most part, has a reason that it is there. Carlo and Haji should have some pictures up this evening. I forgot my SD card or I would have many for you as well. (Sorry!)

Now to address FUBARU:
everything about that direct quote is retarded.

all it tells me is A, they are sacrificing safety for business...
and that they are inconsistent with their rules on their website and on site at the field.

I have to disagree. After speaking with him on this issue (I was sure to bring it up) everything seems to be in order. It is dumb to sell someone a gun and say "Hey, you cannot use it here unless we downgrade this gun". To counter this, he asked for my suggestions, I could not think of any on the spot, but if anyone has a suggestion, please PM me and I will be sure to bring it up the next time we speak.

All in all, this place rocks. The owners are nice, professional and have the goals for airsoft that most people on this forum want as well. You can damn well expect PSA and UBCS to be working with this place as much and as often as possible. The staff is top notch (The head ref is actually a former regular at SAC and knows his stuff) and I hardly saw any cheating on the field at all. Great players, great staff great place.

I apologize to whom I might offend with this, but:

SS Airsoft is right on par, if not a bit higher than SAC 1.0.

Thanks to everyone that made it out today, great fun. Try not to shoot me next time Carlo.

Wallaby, gimme a call when you read this. I have GREAT news for you!"
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: New CQB Field   Sun Mar 14, 2010 7:12 pm

Iamhaji said he couldn't get ten feet from the re-spawn without getting shot.
also acording to him it was small?
Does not sound that fun for an Old timer like me. To fast paced and no stealth involved. Anyway, Hers a few pics http://s4.photobucket.com/albums/y134/greenhornet95/Airsoft/SSAirsoft/
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New CQB Field   

Back to top Go down

New CQB Field

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Area13airsoft :: Reviews and Questions :: Field Reviews and Questions-