The newest registered user is dead2rites

Our users have posted a total of 3645 messages in 624 subjects

Share | 

I'm pondering starting a small team. Here is the name and logo

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
alpine
Admin

PostSubject: I'm pondering starting a small team. Here is the name and logo   Mon May 03, 2010 7:56 pm

[img][/img]

New design. Let me know what you think.

Last edited by alpine on Thu May 06, 2010 9:53 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
GhostRider

PostSubject: Re: I'm pondering starting a small team. Here is the name and logo   Mon May 03, 2010 8:17 pm

ME ME ME Is chad going to run too
Back to top Go down
View user profile
alpine
Admin

PostSubject: Re: I'm pondering starting a small team. Here is the name and logo   Mon May 03, 2010 8:31 pm

Got cha down Ghost. Yea Chad will be shared between Queen Anne's Revenge (QAR) and Cereal Killers.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Qbald

PostSubject: Re: I'm pondering starting a small team. Here is the name and logo   Mon May 03, 2010 8:49 pm

Awesome! I have hesrd the story behind the name and logo.
Very wicked. When ya get some time post the story or a link to the story dude. Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
View user profile
jester

PostSubject: Re: I'm pondering starting a small team. Here is the name and logo   Mon May 03, 2010 9:28 pm

Alpine - Will you be playing with a full beard complete with lit cannon fuse? Shall we call you Edward Teach?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Blaze

PostSubject: Re: I'm pondering starting a small team. Here is the name and logo   Mon May 03, 2010 9:43 pm

sign me up! Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TheFallGuy

PostSubject: Re: I'm pondering starting a small team. Here is the name and logo   Mon May 03, 2010 9:45 pm

Hey man, I'd be happy to join the team if I could.
Awesome name by the way, I love historical references. Very Happy Your Da Man
Back to top Go down
View user profile
alpine
Admin

PostSubject: Re: I'm pondering starting a small team. Here is the name and logo   Tue May 04, 2010 7:58 am

jester wrote:
Alpine - Will you be playing with a full beard complete with lit cannon fuse? Shall we call you Edward Teach?

LOL Was thinking of doing it but the wife said no huggs and kisses with cannon fuse's so it 's a no go on the fuse's. But Teach would be fine. LOL
Back to top Go down
View user profile
alpine
Admin

PostSubject: Re: I'm pondering starting a small team. Here is the name and logo   Tue May 04, 2010 7:59 am

TheFallGuy wrote:
Hey man, I'd be happy to join the team if I could.
Awesome name by the way, I love historical references. Very Happy Your Da Man

Ok got you and Blaze down. pirat
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BOOTS

PostSubject: Re: I'm pondering starting a small team. Here is the name and logo   Tue May 04, 2010 9:25 am

Put Ray and I down also, be glad to sling bbs with ya mate!!
Automatic Guns

Your Da Man
Back to top Go down
View user profile
alpine
Admin

PostSubject: Re: I'm pondering starting a small team. Here is the name and logo   Tue May 04, 2010 9:53 am

Qbald wrote:
Awesome! I have hesrd the story behind the name and logo.
Very wicked. When ya get some time post the story or a link to the story dude. Twisted Evil

Today Edward Teach, better known as "Blackbeard," is perhaps the best known non-fictional pirate even though he was not the most successful. He is remembered mainly because of his image that he himself helped to create. Teach's life story is basically only known within the few years before his death when he was a pirate. His previous origins are unknown but it is believed that he was born in Bristol around 1680. His true identity is not entirely known either, but "Edward Teach" is recognized as being his standard name. Other forms of his last name were commonly cited in letters of the day - "Thatch," "Tach," "Tash," and even "Drummond" to list a few. It is believed that he was a well educated man since he could read/write and papers were found on him after his death. It is reasonable to believe that he wished to keep his true identity secret to protect his relatives at home, so "Edward Teach" may have been just an alias.
Personally Teach was said to be a somewhat amiable man, who was almost forgiving and genorous to those that cooperated with him, but at the same time he did not waste time with those who fought him or did not cooperate with him. There is a story of a man that refused to give Blackbeard his jewelry so rather than fighting with him, Blackbeard simply cut the man's hand off. Unlike some other pirates, Teach was not known to be a very barbaric and demented pirate who tortured victims for fun, but instead he usually just went after valuables. His demonic image he created actually added to the stories of his wickedness.

Teach was also apparently a ladies man, as it is said that he had around 14 wives. He treated women kindly and fell in love easily and treated each like his first love. Only his last marriage to a 16 year old young lady (thought to be Mary Ormond) is believed to be legitamite since he was properly married, but this happened during his last year of his life. His previous marriages were conducted on board his ship and were almost a common-place ritual to the crew.

In 1716, Teach began his pirating career when he met the well-known pirate Benjamin Hornigold at New Providence. Hornigold took Teach on as an apprentice and he proved to be a quick study. Sometime in early 1717, Hornigold gave Teach his own command of a sloop and together they wrecked havoc in the following months. Later in the year, off of the island of St. Vincent, the two pirate sloops closed on a merchantman and soon captured it. The ship was a large Dutch-built French guineaman named Concord which Teach had a liking for. Hornigold allowed him to claim this prize ship as Teach's new command. Hornigold decided to retire from pirating since the English King offered a pardon for pirates, so now Teach was on his own.

The Concord was re-christened Queen Anne's Revenge and fashioned into a pirate ship by installing about 40 guns. With such a large and well-armed ship as this, Teach would began his notorious pirate career. Soon after he set sail again, Teach and his crew sighted another large merchantman off St. Vincet named Great Allen. The Great Allen eventually surrendered and Teach cleaned the ship of valuables and set her on fire after putting the crew ashore. News of this engagement soon spread and in a few days Queen Anne's Revenge came across the British 30-gunned man-of-war HMS Scarborough which was sent out to deal with the prospering pirate. Rather than run from the warship, which he could have done with his faster ship, Teach decided to battle the man-of-war since he never ran away from a battle. A running duel soon started that lasted hours, and the British warship was decidedly losing the fight to the skillfull pirate crew. The British captain realized this and began to withdraw which Teach allowed since there would be no real use for continueing the attack on the warship since it would not be carrying any cargo that the pirates sought. Teach's reputation increased dramatically after this incident - a pirate that can defeat a British man-of-war deserves respect.

Teach soon began to increase his reputation once again by creating his well-known Blackbeard persona. He knew that if he looked frightening then ships might surrender to him sooner. He let his hair grow and started a beard that would almost cover his face. He twisted his long hair and beard in pigtails and he was known to tie colored ribbons on the ends. During battle he put lit slow burning hemp cord under his hat near his ears that would smoke and envelop him in a cloud. To add to his menacing appearance he also wore several pistols (as much as six) along with his knives and cutlass at his waist. He himself created the name "Blackbeard" and soon his frightful image was well known. While in battle the opposing crew often surrendered at the mere sight of him in a rage, some even called him the Devil-incarnate. Obviously Teach's Blackbeard persona worked! The fear his new image created had the psycholigcal effect he wanted.

Blackbeard's flag was one of the more unusual flags flown by the pirates. His flag had a skeleton holding an hour glass in one hand to signify that your time was running out. A dagger in the other hand and the heart with three drops of blood signified that blood would be drawn if you did not surrender. Horns and cloven feet on the skeleton signified that he was in league with the devil.

The way I fit in is that when Ol'Teach would come ashore he was know as quite the ladies man. After all the man had 14 wives although not all at once. But one of the women that he partook of bore a child that tied into my grandfathers side of the bloodline
Back to top Go down
View user profile
alpine
Admin

PostSubject: Re: I'm pondering starting a small team. Here is the name and logo   Thu May 06, 2010 10:05 am

Changed up design for the t-shirts some.

Anyone interested in coming on board this Team get with me on Saturday.
If you are already on a team please don't leave them to join this one unless you talk to the captain of your team first.

There will be some rules to meet in order to join this team. We will go over them Saturday. So if you are interested please be here Saturday or E-mail me if your interested and cannot make it Saturday.

The logo you see will be the t-shirt design small logo on front left and larger logo on the back.
Also we will have patches that can go on uniforms or hats. I'll have prices for each Saturday.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BOOTS

PostSubject: Re: I'm pondering starting a small team. Here is the name and logo   Thu May 06, 2010 10:14 am

Don't know if I am on a team! LOL wonder if anyone wants to claim me! LOL
But I would be honored to join your team if you would take Ray and I!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
alpine
Admin

PostSubject: Re: I'm pondering starting a small team. Here is the name and logo   Thu May 06, 2010 10:36 am

Got you down to talk to on Saturday for the team.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
frog

PostSubject: Re: I'm pondering starting a small team. Here is the name and logo   Thu May 06, 2010 6:48 pm

Queen Anne's Revenge sounds pretty cool. I just always figured you would choose Montezuma's Revenge for your team name.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I'm pondering starting a small team. Here is the name and logo   

Back to top Go down

I'm pondering starting a small team. Here is the name and logo

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Area13airsoft :: Reviews and Questions :: Field Reviews and Questions-