The newest registered user is dead2rites

Our users have posted a total of 3645 messages in 624 subjects

Share | 

Let It Rip on 5/29/10 @ PBO

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Digger

PostSubject: Let It Rip on 5/29/10 @ PBO   Sun May 23, 2010 3:36 am

Let It Rip @ PBO http://www.paintball-outfitter.com/ (go to the Info tab then click Location for directions) Saturday 5/29/10 from 5pm-11pm. $20 bring your own bb's. It will be the first game in nearly a year for PWNY at PBO. Come join us for some great CQB action and a pretty cool field for some daylight, dusk, and night time action.

We're going for a pretty simple rules structure for the game. We don't plan on using an MED for the game. We plan on opting for a common sense approach instead. We're all friends and have no desire to see anyone hurt while playing. However, we like the adrenaline rush of the up close and personal style of play the field offers. Sooo, that being said, if you blast off on somoeone the night is long expect it back at some point. We're not trying to be macho here, we're simply trying to capture the feel of a brand of airsoft that we really miss. I think you may be surprised at how fun it actually is.

400 FPS

Full face shields required. Trust me, your going to want them at PBO.

Bunkering: When the entire field is used all buildings can be bunkered. Bi-level buildings are considered bunkered once the ladder is touched. Bunkering rules for the Castle. The Castle will have four diistinct sections. Section 1: The Walkway section Section:2 The Front Right section. Section 3: The Front Left section. Section 4: The Hill Side section. Bunkering can be achieved via a hand, gun or knife tag to all mentioned structures. If your new to the field get with either myself or someone from PWNY for any bunkering clarificantions.

For all games that have x2 after them. Try to have all you need for the second game on field so that we can keep play moving. The games have time limits ranging from the 10 minute slugfests to games lasting 30 mintues to an hour. Games with time limits of 20 minutes or less have quick turn arounds for the second game so keep that in mind. You will have paid good money to play and getting your money's worth is the least you should expect. We all love to talk of our exploits on the field. Let's try to wait until after the second game to get into the down and dirty of it all.

Games on tap for Let It Rip on the 29th.

Tooth And Nail x2 Our customary warm up game 10 minute time limit per game.

Castle Delivery x2 Deliver briefcase to Castle within 20 minutes to win game. If neither team delivers briefcase to the Caslte then which ever team is closest to the target area wins. Two spawn points per team. All spawn points can be taken down. 20 Minute time limit per game.

CQB CTF x2 {Pistols, knives, shotguns,plastic swords and/or katanas} In order to score your base flag has to be at your base. This game will be played on the CQB/jailhouse field. This is a fast field for anyone new to it. Spawn points are the two towers for Red team and for the Blue team the spawn points will be the jail and general store. 15 minute time limit. No bunkering for this game. If you occupy a building your have to be either shot out, knife killed or grenaded out of structure.

For the night game(s)

Establish LZ x2 Team A has two objectives. Objective A: Locate orange landing zone pad. Objective B: Turn on center field spotlight. In order to win you must have the orange landing zone pad in place in the designated area in front of the spotlight pole and hold it for 0ne consecutive minute. I plan on reffing this game so I can monitor the countdown. Team B is tasked with trying to stop team A from accomplishing any of the assigned tasks. Prior to the game all players will be shown the landing pad area and the spotlight switch. If any of the objectives are disrupted. Time will reset until each objective is re-established. 30 minute time limit per game. Criteria for winning will be whichever team holds the LZ for the longest amount of time or whichever team does it quicker.

After the Estlablish LZ game has been played, we'll see what sort of time frame we're on and adjust accordingly. If we end up having a decent amount of time left we'll decide collectively what games to play to finish up. It's been during this sort of time when some of the other games have been put together. We'll decide collectively what to do.

Barrell condoms and the Mag Out rule. You know that Wendell is a stickler on this issue. Don't give him a reason to put you under a microscope on our first game back to the field. We all know the rule and while I must say that I have forgot on occassion, I plan on doing my level best in being in compliance. If you forget to pull your mag then have your barrell cover on. Pat got him to agree to a sock if need be. Simply put, Have your mag out or have your barrell cover on.

Sorry to be so lengthy but that should cover it. Reply to this thread or the thread link on the Area-13 forum. If your new to the field, I think that you will quickly come to the realization that those of us on PWNY have. It's a pretty damn good CQB field. Hope to see you there. Don't forget what time it is......It's time to Let It Rip.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Foghorn

PostSubject: Re: Let It Rip on 5/29/10 @ PBO   Wed May 26, 2010 7:36 pm

[b]Digger how far is this from area 13 ??? nik and I (anthony) might what to come down.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
{PWNY} Leo

PostSubject: Re: Let It Rip on 5/29/10 @ PBO   Wed May 26, 2010 7:43 pm

Paintball Outfitters is about 45 minutes - 1 hour from Area 13 depending on how fast you drive I think.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://pwnyexpress.forummotion.com/forum.htm
Qbald

PostSubject: Re: Let It Rip on 5/29/10 @ PBO   Wed May 26, 2010 11:23 pm

Man this sounds soooooo fun. The Wifey is outa town this weekend, I'm not on call,
Get to play new field. ....gonna be a great weekend.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Digger

PostSubject: Re: Let It Rip on 5/29/10 @ PBO   Thu May 27, 2010 4:01 am

The weather for Saturday is calling for Thunderstorms and a high of 86. Kind of the usual for this time of year. The chance of a T-storm is 40% that leaves a 60% chance that it might not. Still planning on playing.

It doesn't take long. Once you get off of the interstate it's about another 10-15 minutes like Leo said, 45 minutes to an hour depending on how you drive. I'm going to try to put out an orange safety cone or barrell next to the sign so folks don't miss where you need to pull off. It's located just past a curve in the road, so it's not real hard to blow past. If you have GPS you'll be fine. You can follow the PBO link form the initial above post. Go to the Info tab then click on Location.

I think once you play here you'll end up seeing why it's hard not to want to play there more. Throw in the night game portion and this will be on your radar for a while. To me it was worth the effort to try to get things going here again. What I always ask people is what do you think of the Field? And Field is the key word. Maybe someday Wendell will come all the way around and see things like the rest of us. Until then, I still have yet to hear anyone say they disliked the Field. In a couple days you'll see what we mean.

One last thing. I really don't think you can under state how much fun a night game at PBO is ....The castle at night is great. You can use the caslte flags as a guide to see what direction the wind is blowing and how hard. And if your new to the field take the time to walk the field as well. Note all the different buildings and get familiar with the lay out of the castle itself. I picked up some cool props and may have a bit more at my disposal by Saturday ngiht. I'm totally stoked about playing at PBO again. I think over the next few months me and Alpine may be able to put something pretty cool together for everyone at Area-13 and whomever else might want to play.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Digger

PostSubject: Re: Let It Rip on 5/29/10 @ PBO   Fri May 28, 2010 4:01 pm

Stick, Suit and I are going to head out a little early tomorrow and get all the stuff together at the field. Me and Stick were talking about it and decided to put out two orange construction barrells on each side of the driveway to make it easier for folks to find the field. There is a bush that pretty much conceals the field sign and if your going at a decent rate of speed, you'll go right past the driveway. This should make it easier to find.

We also finalized all the game rules for the initial posted games already up. A quick description will be given prior to the start of each game and anyone who has any questions are free to ask so that any clarifications needed can be taken care of before the each game is started.

A few other notes.....

- Two way radios are beneficial in getting the right people in the right place but I have to say that Alpine quarterbacked one of the best castle defenses without the aid of a radio that I've ever seen at the field a while back. He knew the field well and knew all the buildings and landmarks as well. Either way, your going to want to maintain contact with your teammates
-If you bring one thing, bring a flashlight. That will help you out tremendously when the natural light of day fades away. The wooded portion of the field now has a distinct boundary line but the woods will be dark. Having some sort of aid in which to see by comes highly recomended. Duct tape works wonders in attaching a flashlight to a gun for a few night games. cheers
-Teams won't be stacked. PWNY won't end up all playing on the same side. We'd like to see this whole thing come off in the most fun way possible and it won't serve any good to have one team with a huge advantage over another. Me and Stick will need to be on seperate sides given that we plan on doing the bulk of the reffing but if anyone happens to fall victim to an unforseen battery drain, ammo shortage, or other sort of malfunction and you want to volunteer to ref we can take care of it. It will give you an oppurtunity get more field knowledge in the process.
-Get with me or Stick at the fiield to chrono your gun and sign a waiver. Or if you have any other questions we can help you with. Should be a fun day/night of airsoft.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Qbald

PostSubject: Re: Let It Rip on 5/29/10 @ PBO   Fri May 28, 2010 7:30 pm

Dude...I am stoked for this one. Get to where my new loadout
And also picked up a Marui tracer unit today.
I wil bring my M14 with me and Flint, I know you really want the gun so if you could make
Two payments of 60 dollars...its yours.
I gotta pay for my new gear somehow...haha
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Digger

PostSubject: Re: Let It Rip on 5/29/10 @ PBO   Fri May 28, 2010 11:42 pm

The night game should hit at around 9pm or somewhere close to it. It's pretty cool because the field plays totally different at night than in daylight. You kind of get the best of both worlds. We'll make it a point to get all the new players to PBO out on the field so they get a chance to digest all the buidings and castle area. Nothing left to do now but play the game. Wink Then we turn aorund and do it again next week at the A-13. I call that a win/win.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Killjoy

PostSubject: Spare Pistol, Shotgun?   Sat May 29, 2010 7:08 am

Does anyone have a spare pistol or shotgun that I could borrow for the pistol, shotgun game tonight? Thanks
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Digger

PostSubject: Re: Let It Rip on 5/29/10 @ PBO   Sat May 29, 2010 12:23 pm

I'm pretty sure somebody can hook you up Killjoy.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Let It Rip on 5/29/10 @ PBO   

Back to top Go down

Let It Rip on 5/29/10 @ PBO

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Area13airsoft :: News-