Our users have posted a total of 3643 messages in 622 subjects

Share | 

Why I love Area13!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
tinman
Admin

PostSubject: Why I love Area13!   Mon Jul 05, 2010 8:46 pm

OK, so I am gonna keep this short but just had to say how much I love the guys at Area13!
No matter what crap we may create for ourselves or the sometimes petty differences that occur I am glad to be playing airsoft with each of you!
Sean Caverly really got me to turn from just casually shooting to actually playing with a group and then Dave turned that into a real place with real guys at A13.
Airsoft is like everything else and some people think their opinion of how it should be played ought to be law:
airsoft=low cap
airsoft=screamin/cursing at others
airsoft=uniforms
airsoft=gearwhore
airsoft=dressing up like a video game monster is ok but inaccurate loadout isn't
airsoft=profit motivation, etc. . .

For me:
airsoft=FUN

Plain and simple, that means people treat others with respect. You guys always do that. Sometimes we disagree cuz we are all different but we come back around to respect. EVEN WHEN any of us play in a manner that we may not like, we still respect each other, say what we need to say to someone's face, shake hands, and PLAY ON!
I am glad to play airsoft with guys that:
-Loan guns
-Wear unmatched camo
-Aren't ashamed to paint a WalMart shotgun black
-Laugh their butts off
-Have to have their bull-sessions broken up to get games started
-Invite their families to grill steaks and shoot fireworks

You guys are the best, I appreciate your friendship, and I would not trade Area13 for the world!

Last edited by tinman on Wed Jul 07, 2010 6:33 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Qbald

PostSubject: Re: Why I love Area13!   Tue Jul 06, 2010 1:37 am

I have never been part of such awesome clique in my 40 years of life. Big thanks to Tinman and Alpine for being my mentors. And big thanks to all the other members for making me want to come back to A13 again and again.
Every time I leave the field my face hurts from laughing, and I feel like a kid again. On and off the field, you peeps are the best friends a guy could have.

"dressing up like a video game monster is ok but inaccurate loadout isn't" lol!

My name is a letter

NUFF SAID!

Hoping to be MilSim when I grow up! AS IF that is ever gonna happen!
Currently 68% MilSim 12% Grown up
Back to top Go down
View user profile
alpine
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Why I love Area13!   Tue Jul 06, 2010 8:49 am

I can say that I feel the same. After trying to help get airsoft started up in the southside of town we have seen many changes in the sport. Area13 was not the biggest field to play on but when we first started it everyone who played on it was like this field is great. All of a sudden when someone built up the player count they wanted they began to phase out the people they used to get where they wanted to be. It was so bad that teams who signed up for a tournament to play in was cheated and treated like outcast. Me and my family was treated like we were the plague once they found a new field to play on. And alot of the players who bragged so much about Area13 were now the same ones who say it is a tiny field and everyone there are jerks. The same players that I gave parts to fix their guns with for free or fixing their guns for free, now say that I don't know how to repair guns or when I try to sell a gun PM people and tell them my guns never run or are junk. After having all this happen Tinman came to me and asked about Area13 and the future of it. My responce was that the people who were cheated and outcasted would always have a place to play and have fun with families and friends. I don't run Area13 as a business, but more so as a place for good times and to build fun memories. I was talking to Q just the other day and said no matter what that I would always play airsoft here. His remark to me was, me too because I'm your friend. And you know what he's right my friends will always have a place to play airsoft. You guy's and gal's that are part of Area13 are my friends and I enjoy getting together with all of you and your kids to play airsoft. To be able to have somewhere to play with out worring if your gonna fit in because you don't have the latest gear or fastest shooting or newest guns. Or if you know what acu's are or bdu's or a mbss or a IBH is. Or to have someone yell at you or drop the F-bomb on you everyother word. To have someone cuss at you about some stupid move you made. Or have a Reff or employee of a airsoft store ignore your kid that needs his gun chronoed because they changed the fps on the guns from the week before. Area13 is not that kind of a place or will it ever be. I love playing at Area13 because of the friends and families that play there. Thanks to all of you we have a great place to play.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BOOTS

PostSubject: Re: Why I love Area13!   Tue Jul 06, 2010 10:17 am

AMEN to both ALPINE and TINMAN! I have always felt welcome here at Area 13, even though I am human and screw-up every now and then( BLEEP, BLEEP, BLEEP) LOL, they make me feel welcomed and respected. My family enjoys playing here and we shall keep on playing here. I just want to say thanks to all who make AREA 13 what it is!

BOOTS
Back to top Go down
View user profile
jester

PostSubject: Re: Why I love Area13!   Tue Jul 06, 2010 10:54 am

Amen to all that was posted before -- That's why we as a family joined. Oh yeah - and for the lunches. javascript:emoticonp('Very Happy')
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gap

PostSubject: Re: Why I love Area13!   Tue Jul 06, 2010 2:22 pm

i have never even tried anyother field just because i had a great time with you guys and i hope the field grows and becomes even better (if that is even possible). ya'l have been very helpful and caring, i hope that never changes
Back to top Go down
View user profile
scooter

PostSubject: Re: Why I love Area13!   Tue Jul 06, 2010 3:37 pm

I love area 13 Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
GhostRider

PostSubject: Re: Why I love Area13!   Tue Jul 06, 2010 7:43 pm

My exprience has been Great, The main reason I love area 13 is the friendship, But also on another note is how my kids are treated,weather I playin with them or not I know that they're running with some great guys and If they forget one of the rules someone there to remind them . They get treated with respect and they learn what real friends is all about. Ive had the chance to play other places but have declined because in my book there no place better then Area 13. I have fun if we have 40 peeps show or only 8 of us on a cold rainy day I never had one time that I went home and said I wish I had just stayed home. You just cant find a better place . I wish more clubs like ours would form just so we could have some amazing big op games. cheers
Back to top Go down
View user profile
tinman
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Why I love Area13!   Tue Jul 06, 2010 9:02 pm

GhostRider wrote:
I wish more clubs like ours would form just so we could have some amazing big op games. cheers

I agree but won't hold my breath . . . will just enjoy what we have. Airsoft is soooo much more about who you play it with than the gear or the guns . . . thanks for being great guys!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
frog

PostSubject: Re: Why I love Area13!   Tue Jul 06, 2010 9:17 pm

Who are you people and when did you start playing at Area 13?

I would rather play with the guys at Area 13 than the really good players everywhere else!

Last edited by frog on Tue Jul 06, 2010 9:22 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
tinman
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Why I love Area13!   Tue Jul 06, 2010 9:19 pm

frog wrote:
Who are all you people and when did you start playing at Area 13?

LOLZ! lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Digger

PostSubject: Re: Why I love Area13!   Wed Jul 07, 2010 5:08 am

They say things happen for a reason. After the split last summer, sides were taken and each side collectively moved on. I'm sure both sides felt in their case for the better. I'm past all that. I lingered on it for a while but that time ended for me a while back. Even the "choke out" thing seems humerous to me. We (PWNY) landed on this side of the fence and Area-13 was the right choice.

There are numerous reasons why I'm glad to be part of Area-13.

Let's tackle them.....

Alpine. This is a no brainer. I like straight shooters and Alpine is straight up with you. You ask him something and he tells you his honest opinion. It would be nice if we got that everyday in life but sadly, that's not the case. He's done a lot for airsoft and he's been good to PWNY and he's been good to all the members of Area-13. Thanks Dave.

Cereal Killers. At first I think PWNY and CK were a bit standoffish toward one another but over time that pretty much fell by the wayside. IN the games that we were teamed up either by chance or by agreement, we tended to do very well together. I like all the members that comprise CK and always try to talk to them when we play.

I made it a point to mention Alpine and CK because we go back as long as Area-13 has been put out there for the public. They were both big reasons why PWNY and myself ended up wanting to go with Area-13.

For everyone else that plays at Area-13 as well, I enjoy playing with all members of Area-13 and look forward to playing even more in the future.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Why I love Area13!   

Back to top Go down

Why I love Area13!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Area13airsoft :: News-