Our users have posted a total of 3643 messages in 622 subjects

Share | 

new project for me (maybe)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Jaden_Korr

PostSubject: new project for me (maybe)   Mon Jul 19, 2010 4:46 pm

I have looked at the AA website, and realized that they have replacement parts for every part of a gun. This being said, I was thinking about maybe building a gun completely out of "replacement" parts. I did a list, and it looks like it is completely possible to build a custom gun for $1000 or less. The thousand dollar version I came up with would be about 450 - 550 fps, and probably PWN all other guns. I think it would be fun to try to do.

Does On Target Airsoft carry M4/M16 bodies? The only one I can find that would work is $250.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
scooter

PostSubject: Re: new project for me (maybe)   Mon Jul 19, 2010 5:04 pm

you can build a gun from scratch for wayy less than 1000
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jaden_Korr

PostSubject: Re: new project for me (maybe)   Mon Jul 19, 2010 5:16 pm

How much would it cost to make a really good gun?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Qbald

PostSubject: Re: new project for me (maybe)   Mon Jul 19, 2010 5:33 pm

Jaden_Korr wrote:
How much would it cost to make a really good gun?
Depends on what YOU consider to be good?
Sound to me like you are looking for range and accuracy.
Tinman has built some of his guns from scratch and he knows the websites to get parts for the Low.
and lastly, Guns don't Pwn. The player wielding it does. Cool

My name is a letter

NUFF SAID!

Hoping to be MilSim when I grow up! AS IF that is ever gonna happen!
Currently 68% MilSim 12% Grown up
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jaden_Korr

PostSubject: Re: new project for me (maybe)   Mon Jul 19, 2010 5:48 pm

Wel, in that case, I need to get some practice so I can pwn with this gun. And so I don't get shot in the back.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Qbald

PostSubject: Re: new project for me (maybe)   Mon Jul 19, 2010 6:21 pm

Jaden_Korr wrote:
Wel, in that case, I need to get some practice so I can pwn with this gun. And so I don't get shot in the back.
Been shot in da back a many time here too.

My name is a letter

NUFF SAID!

Back to top Go down
View user profile
{PWNY} Leo

PostSubject: Re: new project for me (maybe)   Mon Jul 19, 2010 8:53 pm

Take it from me...don't try to make something that you wanted. I wanted a TM M16 VN that shot 440, kind of like an auto sniper. Nearly $1,200 later, I have a piece of junk that barely shoots 390 and isn't very accurate at all. I've been told (by a few people) that what I should have done, to get the RESULTS I wanted, was start with a different gun. So yeah, in some situations you need to make your choice whether or not to go for the gun you want, or the results you want. I love my gun still, because of the body and the fact it's a TM VN, though it's been dissed a few times on my choice of "starter gun" to build "from the ground up" to get the results I wanted. I spent a crapload of money and barely ended up with basically a stock KWA with a plastic body. I know this probably goes against the "Gobbler" rule, or the "Don't say it" rule, or whatever rule we have here about it, but Jaden, if you've been researching Airsoft websites on the internet for upgrades/labor, do not use Airdog to upgrade your gun. Do not. Ever. They will screw you harder than a construction worker with a deadline. There. I said it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://pwnyexpress.forummotion.com/forum.htm
Jaden_Korr

PostSubject: Re: new project for me (maybe)   Mon Jul 19, 2010 9:19 pm

Thanks for the advice. The list I made wasn't with a certain gun in mind, I just went through all the different parts needed to make a gun, and chose the one I liked best. I ended up with a 1000 dollar gun with really high quality internals, and a full metal body. (And no orange tip! Yay!) I have no idea how cool it would look, but it is a full-stock M4 with flip-up sights. It would be nice to find some cheaper parts, though.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
alpine
Admin

PostSubject: Re: new project for me (maybe)   Mon Jul 19, 2010 9:28 pm

{PWNY} Leo wrote:
Take it from me...don't try to make something that you wanted. I wanted a TM M16 VN that shot 440, kind of like an auto sniper. Nearly $1,200 later, I have a piece of junk that barely shoots 390 and isn't very accurate at all. I've been told (by a few people) that what I should have done, to get the RESULTS I wanted, was start with a different gun. So yeah, in some situations you need to make your choice whether or not to go for the gun you want, or the results you want. I love my gun still, because of the body and the fact it's a TM VN, though it's been dissed a few times on my choice of "starter gun" to build "from the ground up" to get the results I wanted. I spent a crapload of money and barely ended up with basically a stock KWA with a plastic body. I know this probably goes against the "Gobbler" rule, or the "Don't say it" rule, or whatever rule we have here about it, but Jaden, if you've been researching Airsoft websites on the internet for upgrades/labor, do not use Airdog to upgrade your gun. Do not. Ever. They will screw you harder than a construction worker with a deadline. There. I said it.

Piece of junk!!! Man I done the best I could do for you when you got that thing back from Airdog. (just kidding) I know it's not doing what you spent your money on but at least it has not let you down after I went through it has it? (hope not) Any ways yes you can give your opinion of service about anywhere you have spent your money at. And thanks for doing that because you may save someone alot of money.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jaden_Korr

PostSubject: Re: new project for me (maybe)   Tue Jul 20, 2010 2:54 pm

Does anyone see any compatibility issues with these parts? I think they would all work together, but then again, I'm not very experienced in the realm of airsoft parts.

Guarder Enhanced Gearbox (version 3) $35.99
Bravo Airsoft Helical Ultra Torque Up Steel Gear Set $59.99
Modify M4 AEG Cylinder $15.99
Modify Cylinder Head $17.99
Bravo High Performance Polycarbonate Piston with Metal Teeth $21.99
PDI Vacuum Piston Head $29.99
Guarder Enhanced M16 Hopup Chamber $23.99
Systema M160 Spring $27.99
Prometheus Spring Guide Version 3 $21.99
Guarder Infinite Torque-Up Motor (long type) $44.99
Guarder M16 Selector Plate $9.99
Guarder Cut-off lever (v.3) $7.99
Airsoft GI PE 6.03mm Extreme Precision Inner Barrel for M4 (370mm)(from Airsoft G.I.) $25.00
Guarder M4 Trigger Wiring $29.99
Guarder Air Nozzle for M16 $9.99
Echo 1 Stag 15 Metal Body (from Airsoft G.I.) $85.00
UTG M16 Ergonomic Motor Grip $14.99
Guarder Safety Selector for M16 $14.99
SRC M4 Telescoping Stock $24.99
Intellect 9.6v 1600mah NiMH mini(from Airsoft G.I.) $35.00
Guarder Steel Retainer pins for M16 $11.99
JG Outer Barrel for M4 $24.99
Magpul PTS MOE Handguard $34.99
Tokyo Marui M4 Rear Flip Sight $32.99
Warhead Folding M4 Front sight $24.99
G&P Rebar Cutter Flash Hider for M4 $29.99
Guarder M16 Magazine Latch $29.99
Prometheus Straight trigger for M4(Airsoft G.I.) $40.00
JG M4 charging handle $9.99
G&P Metal Bushings with press $9.99
Prometheus Shim set $5.99
Systema Tappet Plate v.3 $14.99
Total: $907.72
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gap

PostSubject: Re: new project for me (maybe)   Tue Jul 20, 2010 3:43 pm

well if you want a m4 you will need Version 2 gearbox parts instead of version 3.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jaden_Korr

PostSubject: Re: new project for me (maybe)   Tue Jul 20, 2010 3:51 pm

Right, thanks.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
{PWNY} Leo

PostSubject: Re: new project for me (maybe)   Tue Jul 20, 2010 4:40 pm

alpine wrote:
{PWNY} Leo wrote:

Piece of junk!!! Man I done the best I could do for you when you got that thing back from Airdog. (just kidding) I know it's not doing what you spent your money on but at least it has not let you down after I went through it has it? (hope not) Any ways yes you can give your opinion of service about anywhere you have spent your money at. And thanks for doing that because you may save someone alot of money.

Man Alpine I wasn't dissing your craftsmanship...sorry dude. I meant that it doesn't perform exactly how I wished it would. Plus it's a plastic body which pisses me off just a bit...though it was the ONLY VN version out there! You fixed it up nice and got it running again but for the money I spent I just wish it was better. Totally sorry about that, didn't mean to sound like I was dissing your work Alpine. But yeah Jaden, do not use Airdog.
Back to top Go down
frog

PostSubject: Re: new project for me (maybe)   Tue Jul 20, 2010 5:22 pm

{PWNY} Leo wrote:
alpine wrote:
{PWNY} Leo wrote:

Man Alpine I wasn't dissing your craftsmanship...sorry dude. I meant that it doesn't perform exactly how I wished it would. Plus it's a plastic body which pisses me off just a bit...though it was the ONLY VN version out there! You fixed it up nice and got it running again but for the money I spent I just wish it was better. Totally sorry about that, didn't mean to sound like I was dissing your work Alpine. But yeah Jaden, do not use Airdog.

Fight, Fight, Fight, Fight!!!!!!!!!!!! Club
Back to top Go down
View user profile
{PWNY} Leo

PostSubject: Re: new project for me (maybe)   Tue Jul 20, 2010 6:20 pm

Don't hurt me!
Back to top Go down
tinman
Admin

PostSubject: Re: new project for me (maybe)   Tue Jul 20, 2010 9:04 pm

Jaden,
I'd be happy to let you take a look at ones I have built from scratch . . . kinda hard to bounce it back and forth online but it can generally be done in the $400 range depending on your wish list. It can go MUCH higher or as cheap as about $300 depending on the parts. I strongly recommend waiting till you have done some tech work and built up some spare parts as there will ALWAYS be fitment issues. There is just not enough quality control to say that part A will always work with part B . . . that is where it CAN get much more expensive.
Just let me know if you ever wanna talk parts . . . It was great meeting you and your family . . . we need to get them out and playing too! Twisted Evil
Tinman
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jaden_Korr

PostSubject: Re: new project for me (maybe)   Tue Jul 20, 2010 11:16 pm

Well, For around $730, I should be able to make an M4 that shoots 500+ fps. I found all the parts needed to stand up to a M150 spring, re-enforced gearbox, steel gears, so on and so forth. It'll probably cost more, considering that there will always be parts that don't go together. Cheaper parts would be nice, though.

How could I get more practice with airsoft tech work? My guns don't break that often, and it probably wouldn't be wise to trust me with someone else's gun. I'm really interested, though. Very Happy

Well, my mom seems willing to play, my dad won't play until it's cooler, and my sister won't play ever since she realized it hurts. Laughing
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Qbald

PostSubject: Re: new project for me (maybe)   Tue Jul 20, 2010 11:58 pm

Jaden_Korr wrote:
.How could I get more practice with airsoft tech work?

Go to any Airsoft retailer website like Airsoft Atlanta, Airsoft gI, Evike, etc. and look in their "Boneyard"
You will find AEG's that are broken for a fair price. You could practice on those guns and try and repair.
Who knows, you may find something you like and can use it as a platform for your project?

My name is a letter

NUFF SAID!

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jaden_Korr

PostSubject: Re: new project for me (maybe)   Wed Jul 21, 2010 10:29 am

What would I do with them once I fixed them? I don't really need to have several guns just lying around. You think I could put them on the BST section of the forum?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
tinman
Admin

PostSubject: Re: new project for me (maybe)   Wed Jul 21, 2010 12:39 pm

Jaden_Korr wrote:
I don't really need to have several guns just lying around

You take that back! affraid
I hereby propose an amendment to Man Law!

The words:
I don't really need to have several guns just lying around

Must never be uttered again! Any offenders will be flogged mercilessly!! Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jaden_Korr

PostSubject: Re: new project for me (maybe)   Wed Jul 21, 2010 1:03 pm

silent I take it back.

I was merely suggesting that I fix them, and then sell them to you guys for whatever it cost me, assuming that it is less expensive than the guns normally are.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
alpine
Admin

PostSubject: Re: new project for me (maybe)   Wed Jul 21, 2010 2:11 pm

Jaden_Korr wrote:
silent I take it back.

I was merely suggesting that I fix them, and then sell them to you guys for whatever it cost me, assuming that it is less expensive than the guns normally are.

HaHa yeah man in airsoft there is always a need to have more guns than you know what to do with. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Qbald

PostSubject: Re: new project for me (maybe)   Wed Jul 21, 2010 3:24 pm

The only right time to sell a gun is to replace it with another or two
But yea..if ya wanna sell em after ya fix em...Craigslist will be your best bet.

My name is a letter

NUFF SAID!

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jaden_Korr

PostSubject: Re: new project for me (maybe)   Wed Jul 21, 2010 4:56 pm

Pirate Methinks I smell an opportunity for profit.

And do you know what I do with profit? Buy more airsoft stuff!!!

Now, if I only knew how to work Ebay or Craigslist...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
tinman
Admin

PostSubject: Re: new project for me (maybe)   Wed Jul 21, 2010 5:12 pm

alpine wrote:
HaHa yeah man in airsoft there is always a need to have more guns than you know what to do with. Very Happy

A second violation of man law has been committed . . . there is an even greater need to have more REAL guns than you know what to do with!!! Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: new project for me (maybe)   

Back to top Go down

new project for me (maybe)

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Area13airsoft :: Reviews and Questions :: Guns and Gear Questions-