Our users have posted a total of 3646 messages in 625 subjects

Share | 

new project for me (maybe)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Jaden_Korr

PostSubject: Re: new project for me (maybe)   Thu Jul 22, 2010 1:03 pm

I seem to be having a bit of trouble. The Boneyard guns are really cheap (except on AA), but when i figure up shipping, tax, and how much it would probably cost to fix it, I'm at or over the original cost of the gun. Is there any way to make it cheaper?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Qbald

PostSubject: Re: new project for me (maybe)   Thu Jul 22, 2010 1:41 pm

Jaden_Korr wrote:
I seem to be having a bit of trouble. The Boneyard guns are really cheap (except on AA), but when i figure up shipping, tax, and how much it would probably cost to fix it, I'm at or over the original cost of the gun. Is there any way to make it cheaper?

Yea shipping is the pits. AA sometimes will have the GUG combat machine AK47 for 79 bux. Their boneyard looks pretty slack right now. Go on Ebay or craigslist and look for broken guns, or broken gearboxes. To learn a gearbox just get a broken one and dive in.

My name is a letter

NUFF SAID!

Hoping to be MilSim when I grow up! AS IF that is ever gonna happen!
Currently 68% MilSim 12% Grown up
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jaden_Korr

PostSubject: Re: new project for me (maybe)   Thu Jul 22, 2010 4:30 pm

Just found out that buying this "broken" M4 from AA would save me $143 in parts for my project. Possibly more. Plus, then I would have lots of parts left over. Hello 500+ fps M4. Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
View user profile
frog

PostSubject: Re: new project for me (maybe)   Thu Jul 22, 2010 7:23 pm

You can do what you wish, but a gun that shoots 500 isn't all that pleasant of a thing to own. First of all, you have a 100 foot MED. So if someone is inside of that, you are hosed. Second, you will be on semi auto only, which isn't the end of the world, but full auto seems to get more attention. But the real issues of shooting 500 fps are the stress on the gearbox, and getting a bb to actually fly straight.

For a gun to hold up that shoots 500, you will prolly need a reinforced gearbox, you will need really good gears, and you will prolly blow through pistons like they are made of glass. The other issue is getting bbs not to fly all over the place. It is hard enough at 400 fps to get a bb on target. Spit out a bb at 500 fps, and dialing in the accuracy is even tougher.

It is of course my opinion, but for my money, a gun that shoots around 400 fps, with a good rate of fire, and a really good hopup, like the g&g front end, is a primo combination. Much of airsoft is about moving, and moving up, both of which are harder with a semi only gun with a 100 foot MED.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
frog

PostSubject: Re: new project for me (maybe)   Thu Jul 22, 2010 7:25 pm

And for 500 dollars, I could have two G&G full metal M16 or M4 shooting 400 fps with a rof of 17 bbps. So if one goes on the fritz, I have a backup.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jaden_Korr

PostSubject: Re: new project for me (maybe)   Thu Jul 22, 2010 8:08 pm

I see your point.
Basically, what I'm trying to go for is range and accuracy. I was sort of leaning towards a semi-auto sniper kinda gun, but I guess that 500 is going too far. Well, back to the drawing board.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
alpine
Admin

PostSubject: Re: new project for me (maybe)   Thu Jul 22, 2010 9:21 pm

Man Alpine I wasn't dissing your craftsmanship...sorry dude. I meant that it doesn't perform exactly how I wished it would. Plus it's a plastic body which pisses me off just a bit...though it was the ONLY VN version out there! You fixed it up nice and got it running again but for the money I spent I just wish it was better. Totally sorry about that, didn't mean to sound like I was dissing your work Alpine. But yeah Jaden, do not use Airdog.[/quote]

Oh I know Leo I was just raggin on ya! And no fight!!!!!! fight!!!!!! fight!!!!!! Frog sorry dude Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Qbald

PostSubject: Re: new project for me (maybe)   Thu Jul 22, 2010 9:52 pm

Jaden_Korr wrote:
I see your point.
Basically, what I'm trying to go for is range and accuracy. I was sort of leaning towards a semi-auto sniper kinda gun, but I guess that 500 is going too far. Well, back to the drawing board.

You have to understand that range and accuracy are not all dependent on FPS.
The FPS decides how fast the bb will travel from pt A to pt B. I have seen 380 fps with 6.03 barrel reach out to 170-180 feet. Not with much accuracy at that range but like frog said, A G&G M16 with a 509mm barrel, in a 6.03 dimension, with a ROF of 18 BBPS will give you all the accuracy you will need. There is much accuracy in numbers my friend.

My name is a letter

NUFF SAID!

Hoping to be MilSim when I grow up! AS IF that is ever gonna happen!
Currently 68% MilSim 12% Grown up
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: new project for me (maybe)   

Back to top Go down

new project for me (maybe)

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Area13airsoft :: Reviews and Questions :: Guns and Gear Questions-