We have 132 registered users
The newest registered user is dead2rites

Our users have posted a total of 3644 messages in 623 subjects

Share | 

OP Brushfire event schedule, address, FPS Limits and weapon/ammo rules

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Qbald

PostSubject: OP Brushfire event schedule, address, FPS Limits and weapon/ammo rules   Mon Nov 22, 2010 7:50 am

Location: 4161 Old Seale Highway, Phenix City, AL (just 5 miles over the border from Columbus, GA)
+32° 22' 22.38", -85° 5' 11.24"

Event Schedule:
8:30 - CHECK IN/CHRONO OPENS
9:30 - SAFETY AND RULES BRIEFING - If you miss this briefing you may have to wait until well after game start for another (your own personal) briefing
10:30 - GAME START
2:00 - LUNCH
3:00 - GAME BACK ON
7:00 - GAME OVER

FPS limits:
400FPS @.20g (or equivalent) with 20' MED for AEGs
550FPS @.20g (or equivalent) with 100' MED for bolt action or semi auto only rifles. In addition, you will be required to field a sub 400FPS @.20g gun as a sidearm.
MEDS will be enforced, and there will be a distance judging test for the 100' MED before you are allowed to field any weapons over 400FPS. We will chronograph guns.

WEAPONS an AMMO

There are no gun or ammo restrictions at this event as long as you meet the FPS Limit.
So bring them Box Mags.

My name is a letter

NUFF SAID!

Hoping to be MilSim when I grow up! AS IF that is ever gonna happen!
Currently 68% MilSim 12% Grown up

Last edited by Qbald on Mon Nov 22, 2010 8:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Qbald

PostSubject: Re: OP Brushfire event schedule, address, FPS Limits and weapon/ammo rules   Mon Nov 22, 2010 8:13 pm

Lunch will not be served at this event

The nearest food source is about 6-7 miles straight up the road toward Phenix City/ Columbus (i.e. just outside of town), a Subway and a couple of similar spots. You will only have an hour. Bringing a bagged lunch, MRE, or similar is a more practical choice, and may save time. Mainly the lunch break is for rest, hydrate, and reload up.

The venue is in the Central Time Zone so we do NOT have to leave as early as we had planned.

Grenade Questions
Since there are virtually no structures on the venue, grenades will be of somewhat limited utility, but they are certainly permitted so long as they do not emit a flame or get hot enough to start a fire on dead leaves.
Absolutely yes on gas grenades, foam grenades, tennis ball grenades, doggy chew toy grenades, and the like.

The event itself (i.e. the shooting) actually ends at 6pm. The extra hour is to clear the field, pack up, and such, and cover any last minute delays in starting. It's actually 3 hours of missions, lunch, then 3 hours of missions.

The parking/staging area has a couple of pole (dusk to dawn type) lights, The field itself will be pretty dark by endex. "Sundown" will be about 6pm. Glow sticks are not required, but you are certainly welcome to use them if you like. Flashlights, on the other hand, are highly recommended.

My name is a letter

NUFF SAID!

Hoping to be MilSim when I grow up! AS IF that is ever gonna happen!
Currently 68% MilSim 12% Grown up
Back to top Go down
View user profile

OP Brushfire event schedule, address, FPS Limits and weapon/ammo rules

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Area13airsoft :: News-